Join a growing company with a passion for helping boaters enjoy the water. Work at the water’s edge in Bluewater’s main office location on Granville Island and become Bluewater’s go-to expert on marine gear, technology, and logistics.
We are looking for a full-time team member to join Bluewater as our Parts Coordinator. This is primarily an office position centered on creating happy clients and supporting the Bluewater technical team and supplier partners. The successful candidate will have a passion for gear and details, enjoy learning and understanding electrical and mechanical marine systems (think chargers, engines, navigation electronics, waterjet propulsion, windlasses and more) and be a strong verbal and written communicator with a friendly style. The role will appeal to candidates that like to be in the middle of the action in an ops centre environment.
Although the role would be perfect for someone that has worked in marine parts sales or a boat chandlery, this is not critical if the candidate is eager to learn and interested in boats and marine equipment. A background in auto parts, equipment sales, professional trades or procurement and logistics may also be a good fit.
- Create happy boaters by understanding and addressing client needs related to boat parts and systems
- Respond to client and technical team inquiries and orders through email, phone, and in-person
- Coordinate with technicians and suppliers to assess marine parts options; execute sourcing, ordering, and fulfillment of parts required for boat upgrades, maintenance, and repair
- Schedule local couriers and international shipments, organize incoming and outgoing deliveries, and coordinate with technical team on scheduling
- Create estimates and invoices for parts and service with assistance from technical and office team members
- Communicate with suppliers to organize parts, services, and maintain strong relationships
- Manage warranty claims and returns including administration, shipping, tracking
- Use QuickBooks for information and communication (no experience required but would be considered as asset)
- Assess situations on a case by case basis, adapt and shift priorities and plans quickly
- Be a driver of company revenue and profit
- Take initiative, be pro-active, be a problem solver and an author of solutions
- Maintain office organization and cleanliness
- Assist with other administrative and project work as needed
An ideal candidate for Bluewater would have:
- 2 – 20+ years experience in a parts, marine industry, technician, or logistics position
- Strong communication skills with an efficient, polite style in verbal and written communications and full fluency in English
- A connection to boating through work, recreation, or aspiration
- Willingness to ask questions when in need of support, desire and ability to understand the bigger picture and objectives
- Persistence to finish assigned tasks from start to finish while paying attention to details
- Creativity in solving problems and a proactive, self-starting, motivated mindset
- Working knowledge or ability to learn quickly software tools like Quickbooks, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Google Suite
- Typing speed of 45+ wpm with use of office equipment (printers, scanners)
- Driver’s license
Bluewater offers competitive compensation including wages based on experience and a health plan. If interested, please reply with resume.