Mastervolt: Everything You Need to Power Your Marine Electronics
As boats continue to add new technology they require more power. This means having a reliable way to store and recharge energy on your boat is more important than ever. Mastervolt has a number of innovative solutions that ensure you’ll have all the power you need when you need it.
In this article, we’ll go over the products Mastervolt offers and why you might want to consider adding them to your boat.
Mastervolt Battery Chargers
Mastervolt battery chargers utilize a 3-step+ charging method that provides more power and extends the life of your batteries. They offer four types of chargers:
- Mass Series: Designed for professionals, these chargers include alarm functions and various approvals.
- ChargeMaster Plus: Perfect for both recreational and semi-professional use, the ChargeMaster Plus includes three battery chargers, a battery isolator, and VSR.
- EasyCharge: Their entry-level model that includes a water-proof case.
- EasyCharge Portable: A portable battery charger that you can use on or off your boat.
Quality batteries are an important component of any boat, especially if you’re someone who likes to stay out on the water for longer periods of time. Mastervolt offers a wide selection of batteries to suit all your needs:
- MVG 12 V
- AVG 12 V
- AGM 6 V
- MVSV 2 V
- And more
Mastervolt batteries are designed to be high-performing and extremely reliable, even in the harshest conditions.
Read more about how to keep your boat batteries healthy.
Mastervolt Battery Monitors
When you’re a long way from shore it’s important to know how much power your electrical systems have left. Mastervolt offers a variety of battery monitors to ensure you’re never surprised by a dead battery. All monitors display performance, consumption, and available battery capacity, while more sophisticated systems also allow you to monitor other key data.
For most boaters, one of the following solutions should meet your needs.
- BattMan Lite: An affordable option that displays information about your remaining power supply.
- Battman Pro: Does everything the BattMan Lite does, while also letting you know how long until your battery needs to be recharged.
Mastervolt Alternators and Solar Charge Regulators
If you’re planning a multi-day trip then you’ll likely need your own energy source to ensure you can keep recharging your batteries. Mastervolt has two options for you to choose from:
- Alternators: These work by turning your engine’s mechanical energy into electrical energy, which can then be used by your batteries. An alternator is a very reliable way to keep your batteries charged.
- Solar Charge Regulators: Solar panels are another energy source that can be used by boaters. Mastervolt’s solar charge regulators integrate with your solar panels and compliment your energy system. They help you maximize your energy yield, as sunlight can often be inconsistent.
Want to Learn More About Mastervolt Products?
Are you interested in one of the solutions discussed above? Call one of our locations to speak to our marine electrical team and find an energy solution that’s right for your boat.